Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Elder Hodson: Letter 6


 
Ok hey!

 

 
I got my online visa!!! Which means hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll have my visa and be off to Brazil. We don't really know when it will come but my expected departure date that we put on the online application is in about a week and a half.
 
I appreciate the advice from Mosiah. But I don't want to slow down. I love this work and it makes me so happy to do it. I don't even like to rest during P-day. There's so much to learn and so much to become. It takes time and effort and I don't want to waste a second. I will though, take the appropriate time to rest. I will get to bed everyday on time. I've been praying later than I should lately. I understand that I need rest and to be obedient. But I don't want to slow my pace at all. I am learning so much and I want that learning and growing to continue forever.
 
I've had some cool experiences this week. I got to here Elder Holland speak on Tuesday. Man, can he put things into perspective. I just love being a missionary and he has inspired me even more, which I didn't think was possible. But, we are ushering in Christ's Second Coming. We are preparing others to recieve Him now so that He will recieve them then.
 
I've learned a lot from serving already. I get to have interviews with the Senior companions each week and I love to get to know them better and help them find answers to questions they have and encourage and lift them up to be the best that they can be. Our study time is going great in the classroom. We keep it reverent. We have a rule that whenever the picture of Enos praying goes up on the front board, no one is to talk. It's a miracle that it works but it's only because we are all commited to it. Oh man, do I love my district.
 
Also, I've had the chance to serve some random people that I'll probably never see again. One of them was during laundry. this little elder from like Malaysia just asked me to help him figure out how to use the washer. I loved it!!! He appreciated my help so much. Another day I was practicing the piano and some elders from Tonga and Bolivia came in just to listen. Then they sang. They thought I played beautiful!!! Can you believe that? Ha and then I think this was like the best thing that happened all week. I was coming back from the field after playing soccer and Elder Huntley (I was on splits) and I were asked by this little South Korean to help him find the TRC. He didn't speak Endlish very well abd had a HUGE Asian accent. I think there was something a little off with him mentally too. I'm not really sure though. He walked super slow so I was able to talk to him for a few minutes. He just got to America less than a year ago and comes to the MTC every Saturday. When we brought him to the door he gave me a little bow and wouldn't leave. Haha I had to like walk around the corner while Elder Huntely held the dooropen for him. He finally went inside and i probably won't ever see him again but I just love him so much. i can't remember his name but he was just so happy. he was smiling and grateful the whole time. I can't wait to get to Brazil.
 
While my time is almost up and I have to leave. Thank you for the package. It made me so happy it was ridiculous. I love you so much. Always do what's right and God will bless you wether it be in life or death. The gospel is true. Service is the key to happinesss. Write me some more. Tell Alex i say hi and happy birthday and I miss him.
 
Love,
 
Elder Hodson


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment