Monday, August 22, 2011

Spencer Letter #4

Hello from the MTC!
 
How are you? I love getting letters from you. It makes my day. Ben, Samantha, Josh, and McKayla... you need to write me. I want to here from you.
 
This week has been good. I'm very used to MTC life. The food is getting old. I'm staying in shape though. I love the elders that I've met here and the friends I've made. I love all that I've learned and how I've changed. Everyday I try to be a better person. It's fun. I'm happy.
 
Yesterday for temple walk I took pictures with Elder Davis and Elder Morrey. It's Elder Morrey's last week here. It's going to be sad to see him go. He's a great person. The MTC has helped him out a lot. He's a fantastic zone leader. I don't think I could handle the job.
 
Well life is pretty much the same here. I read a lot, learn Portuguese, and practice teaching the gospel. It's pretty repetitive but I love it. I finished the Book of Mormon, Jesus the Christ, and Our Heritage this week. As well as reading Matthew, Mark, and Luke. I just started John. I want to finish the New Testament by next Friday and then start on the Old Testament or Doctrine and Covenants.
 
I love studying the life of Christ. I've learned a lot. I've thought a lot about the reason Christ taught in parables. I recommend reading Jesus the Christ and then the gopsels in the New Testament. Use the footnotes and the JS parts.
 
The scripture I wanted Josh to read was Duet. 31:6-8. I think I finally got it right. It's always good advice though.
 
One elder in my district got his visa this week. He leaves next week. The senior district just got reassigned. They're going to Detroit, Pittsburg, St. George, and Riverside CA. Elder Morrey will get his this week. Ha ha I hope when I get mine I go to Alabama so Nartker's dream will come true.
 
I'm super excited to see Elder Olpin this week. He's not on my branch but I'll still see him a bunch. And I wrote Elder White last Monday. I'm not sure what mail travel time is like though.
 
Anyway, I love you so much. The church is true. Tell everyone. It's weird how I thought I was a pretty good member missionary before I came out here but now I wish I had done so much more. The gospel is the most important thing in my life. It's the most important thing that anyone can accept in this life because it will provide the saving ordinances that will allow them to return to live with God. Share it.
 
Love you,
 
Elder Hodson


No comments:

Post a Comment